You apply for the EMIIY scholarship through an online application system. Note that it is only allowed to file ONE APPLICATION PER PERSON. Persons who register multiple applications will be omitted from the selection.
2. Browse the web to decide which university and programme/course/activity you want to apply to. For detailed information on the requirements for studies at the selected university, visit their website. If necessary, use the links to contact your selected universities directly for more information about their study offers and research opportunities. Make sure that you have read and understood the application and admission conditions before you make your decision. If you do not find the academic offer you are interested in, please contact the host university's contact person.
3. Prepare the relevant documentation. See the list of required documents for your mobility type. Uploaded documents must have a file size of 3 MB or smaller. Only PDF, JPG and PNG files are allowed to upload. No Word documents may be uploaded.
4. Prepare your motivation statement, a short explanation of maximum 1000 characters (around 1/2 A4 page) of your motivation for applying to the EMIIY, your expectations, what you hope to learn from the mobility period, and other things you think will benefit your application. We kindly ask you to use unformatted text (avoid underlines, boldface or italic characters, numbered or bullet point lists generated in programs like Microsoft Word).
5. Before you start registration, be aware of the following technical requirements:
- It is not possible to save data halfway through the application form. Once started, the form must be completed. Anyhow, it is possible to make changes to your application until you close it.
- It is advisable to read all the instructions beforehand and check that the Internet connection is stable.
6. Register an account on the application website. After you have registered your name and e-mail address you will receive a user-ID and password by email to access the application database.
7. Start your application process.
- Enter all required personal data.
- Specify for mobility i.e. choose target group and mobility group
- Find the fields of study of your interest and click on it. A list of academic courses, time period and positions available at all the partner universities will appear.
8. Upload relevant documents.
9. Close the application. Once you have closed your application it is not possible to change it. Only closed applications will be considered in the selection.
10. You will NOT receive a confirmation email after you have closed your application. There will only be notice on your screen when you have closed your application. If there is a technical problem, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Each person is only allowed to file ONE application! Persons who register multiple applications will be omitted from the selection.
• If you have resided or carried out your main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
• If you don't have a valid passport, please submit a copy of your birth certificate or identity card.
• You may apply for three different universities i.e you can apply to three different universities or three programmes/courses.
• Hard copy originals of the application need only to be sent to the applied university if asked for.
• Note that some universities are very popular. Thus, you improve your chances to be nominated for a scholarship if your second choice is to another partner university.
• Successful candidates will be asked to present original copies of their diplomas, transcripts, language proficiency proof etc. to the host university upon admission.
• Note that Post-Doc and Staff applicants may hand in an "open application" in other subjects than those available above, by using subject code 16.9 (Other Areas of Study) when applying for the university/subject of your choice. Doing so you need to submit a work plan and a document describing the ongoing or intended cooperation between you and the host university, including information about contact person and department which you intend to visit.
For questions about the online-application, send an email to the official EMIIY email adress (email@example.com). Please read all information available on the website before sending us your e-mail. Thank you.